11.2.11

Dormant Rose Garden :: Jardin de Rosas Durmiendo


Roses bloomed in our yard last year after suffering a pitiless drought, when we moved to our house the garden looked like a desert. I did recognized the rose bushes even though they were dried and bald. I didn't ambition not even a flower from those bushes,but despite the waterless conditions they had to suffer: blooming succeeded!  Now they are sleeping, going through dormant season, recovering to bloom again next spring-summer.
 I thought my roses deserved a post for staying strong during the adversities, and also for giving me the pleasure of picking and gifting them to the nice people in my life.
Aunque español  fuera mi primer idioma, al no haber hablado ni usado el lenguaje por un tiempo prolongado (solamente hablo inglés y ruso o ucraniano), he notado que mi habilidad para comunicarme en español está empeorando o mexicanizando, por eso decidí usar mi blog para no perder la costumbre y además porque muchos amigos y visitantes me dijeron que no entienden inglés.
Cuando nos mudamos a nuestra casa el jardín se asemejaba más a un desierto que a un jardín. Pero a pesar de haber sufrido mucho durante el verano tan seco mis rosales florecieron. Por ahora se encuentran durmiendo, descansando para florecer otra vez durante la próxima estación. Creo que se merecen un post por mantenerse fuertes durante los malos tiempos, y por dejarme cortar y regalarlas a la gente linda en mi vida.



~straw landscape~

 


~liking to be photographed~
  

~curious praying mantis~
 


(pictures taken with my phone)
(fotos sacadas con mi teléfono)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow

Lynda said...

Your roses are so beautiful, I think I can smell them!

Andrea said...

thank you! :) I can't wait until they bloom again to enjoy their beauty and aroma