24.3.11

Raining for three weeks - Lloviendo por tres semanas

We are soaked! it's pouring outside and it looks like it will continue.  What to do during this "horrible to me" weather, I can't enjoy my garden so I have been cooking, making handmade flowers, eating what I cook, baking, drinking tea, and mateh. Last Year my husband and I got married, the weather was lovely and warm...
Estamos empapados, llueve sin parar por tres semanas y parece que todavía va a continuar. Qué hacer con este tiempo horrible para mí, no puedo disfrutar de mi huerta así que he estado cocinando, haciendo flores, comiendo lo que cociné, horneando, tomando mate y te. El año pasado en esta época del año nos casamos, el tiempo estaba hermosísimo, cálido y soleado...

4 comments:

Helen Lewis said...

Totally soaking wet! I had to get out in the rain today to uncover the drainage holes. The water was so cold my hands were numb after I was done.

Well, inside I was cooking pot roast and blackberry pie. The bad thing - these are so fattening! :)

Andrea said...

I had the same experience today! I went to check out my veg. garden wearing a rain 'poncho', it was so cold... I think I put a few pounds these weeks just for cooking and eating, nothing else to do, the weather doesn't let me! :)

Lynda said...

Me too! If I can't be in the garden I cook! Strawberry shortcake, French Bread, oatmeal cookies, fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, hot oatmeal with maple syrup...oh my! The sun just HAS to start shining or I won't fit through the door! They are promising temps in the high 60's and low 70's next week.

Andrea said...

so true Lynda, we both wont fit, lol :)yes I can't wait till next week, they said it will sunny, i hope with all my <3 ;)