27.6.11

Monday Harvest... FIrst Tomatoes

IMG_20110627_104743

DSC08129

DSC08127

DSC08118

DSC08119

DSC08092
I had the pleasure to enjoy fresh tomatoes from my garden, no need to say the homegrown tomatoes and all homegrown vegetables taste incredible. If you never grew your own vegetables, I encourage you to do it, there is no comparison.
I harvested some beans too, not sure what to do, my mother in law suggested me to put them in Borscht, I guess I will.


~Tuve el placer de disfrutar tomates frescos de la huerta de casa, no hay otro tomate que se compare al que uno cultiva en su jardín, delicioso! Si nunca has cultivado tus propios vegetales te animo a que empieces, no te vas arrepentir.
También recolecte algunos porotos, no estoy segura que voy a hacer con ellos, mi suegra me sugirió ponerlos en Borscht...tal vez si :)~

8 comments:

Mark Willis said...

Cook the beans Mexican-style, with some chipotle chilli...

Lynda said...

Lovely tomatoes and beans! Your squash plants are really getting BIG! I hear we're getting rain in the next couple of days...

Emily said...

First tomatoes are always such a joy. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Nice harvest! Those white beans look interesting!

Prairie Cat said...

It seems like a lot of people are getting their first tomatoes in this week. Congrats! I hope they are super tasty.

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

nice harvest Andrea, My tomatos have a long way to go.

Shaheen said...

Oh the joys of gardening, I remember my first time.

Daphne Gould said...

lol you can give the beans to me. I'd know what to do with them. I'm a dried bean fanatic. Though those don't look dry, you still use them the same way, they just require less cooking. I'd make some kind of bean salad, bean and pork enchiladas, chili or any soup, red beans and rice, charro beans (usually pintos but it doesn't matter), or you have tomatoes which could be some kinds of bean and tomato dish. Beans and sausage? Baked beans? Can you tell I can't wait for my beans to be ready?